Do you ever have any dreams that feel like they are real life? Do you ever wake up in a the middle of the night wondering if that was a dream or if it really did happen? Maybe these aren’t dreams but nightmares? While you sleep do you think about what is going on around you?
The dreams I usually remember are almost directly related to what I am doing with my life. During internship, I don’t know how many times I would feel like I was in the classroom but I would actually be dreaming. But they weren’t dreams in my case more like nightmares. The most reoccurring one is where I lose control of the classroom and I stand in front with my mouth gaped open, students running around throwing things and my co-op sitting in the back furiously writing notes and shaking their head. Similar to below but instead of adults it’s a bunch of middle years.
Spoiler Alert: It never happened. But it doesn’t change the fact I would wake up drenched in sweat, terrified that I was having a premonition of how my day was going to turn out. Falling back to sleep was always the hardest.
But how is talking about dreams relate to inspiration? Well, let me tell you, just last night I had this dream. Not a nightmare. A dream (thank goodness) It was this fantastic, interesting, wonderful dream. And I can’t remember it. This dream was so amazing that I remember thinking “wow this would make for a great game to play in PE” while I was asleep. But here’s what I do remember:
- We were in the forest and there was this giant tree fort. It had several rooms with bridges connecting everything and it went in this huge circle.
- There was a princess, a bear and 2 other main characters.
- We were playing tag and only certain characters could catch other ones. Like rock, paper, scissors. (rock beats scissors, scissors beats paper, paper beats rock) If I could remember the other two characters it would be wonderful.
- We could only tag the people who you were above. Like if the bear beat the princess, the bear could only tag the princess and no other character and the princess couldn’t tag the bear.
- We all ran in the same direction, but couldn’t pass someone if they were in a house.
- And nothing else.
I’ve been trying to rack my brain all morning because I thought I could actually use this game. Instead of a tree fort, it would just be a circle on the ground and instead of houses, I could use hula hoops. But for the life of me, I can’t remember what the goal was or how the game ended.
So, here is my challenge for you during. Invent this game. Please. If you have any suggestions on how to fill my gaps or how you would play a game like this, let me know! I would love to figure this out.
Anyone else have dreams that inspired a lesson, game or activity for your students?